From a big picture perspective, this is principally about managing relationships with employees, customers, and between co-owners of the business. Being shrewd about risks posed by competitors, and complying with Government red tape is essential.
We have particular expertise working with professional service providers (including engineering firms and recruitment agencies), online and technology companies, manufacturers and importers, and mechanical trades.
The services we provide to businesses include:
- Buying and selling businesses (including negotiation of major acquisitions or sales and due diligence)
- Stakeholder agreements and buy/sell agreements
- Business Succession and Intergenerational business transfers
- Structuring, family trust, and asset protection advice
- Preparation of business contracts (e.g. terms and conditions, supply agreements and manufacturing agreements)
- Employment law (e.g. drafting employment contract, workplace policies, managing employee exits and defending unfair dismissal claims)
- Property law (e.g. the purchase, sale and leasing of commercial property
- Intellectual property law (e.g. trade marks and copyright, confidentiality, protection of trade secrets and commercialisation of inventions)
- Taxation and SMSF advice
- Legal and regulatory compliance (e.g. competition and consumer laws, privacy obligations, workplace health and safety)
- Conflict management and dispute resolution (including debt recovery)
- Establishment of the family charitable foundation and philanthropic advisory services